Sunday, July 26, 2009

Post Surgery Update

Well, the deal is done. Came through surgery pretty well and am slowly healing. I went on my first outing yesterday to Walgreens and was exhausted and in a bit of pain by the time I got home. It is so funny how long it takes to regain your strength after something like this! I'm so thankful that my mom has been here to help out. She will be in town for another week and then my mother-in-law will be here to help for a couple of weeks.

So, a little realism right? Is that what you're waiting for? Skip the wonder woman "I'm doing great chat and get down to the honest truth" right?

Okay, let's see. In all honesty, my stay in the hospital was probably the worst one I ever had. Since I've only been in the hospital for two child births I don't have a ton of experience, but seriously, this hospital stay was not great. I was more than ready to come home! Coming home, my life has revolved around getting out of the chair, going to the bathroom, and lowering myself back into the chair. I have mastered the chair. The bathroom has been another story entirely. Let me just tell you that with a surgery like this, they pretty much have to remove your bladder and various other parts of your anatomy to get out the stuff that they are actually taking out. So you can imagine that when they put those necessary body parts back in they don't always land in the same place! Are you getting my drift here??? Basically, the bathroom has been the highlight of my day for a week now! Sad, but true!

I have only had a couple of days that I have truly felt like dog poop, so I am thankful for that. I have been in some pain, but I did just have my gut cut open, so I guess that is to be expected. So, all in all, I'm faring pretty well!

This week, I'm going to try small, one store outings lest I nut up being cooped up inside my house!

0 comments: