Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Great Adventure

Tomorrow morning, bright and early, Kayla and I will leave town to go on our great adventure! The field trip has arrived! We will be leaving to go to an Education Center for three days. We will be exploring ocean life, nightime animal habits, mud holes, squid, etc. I was slightly horrified when I first started thinking about all of this. My idea of camping is a very nice Hyatt Place or Hilton Garden Inn. I've done the tent camping and while it can be very relaxing, I'd much rather be at a real hotel! This is camping in a very glorified setting. There are no tents or blow up air beds that go flat on you in the night. There is a cinder block dorm with bunk beds! And get this, I really thought we would be eating at cement picnic tables, but instead we will be dining in a dining room with TABLE CLOTHS!!!! Whoohoo! The only things that freak me out a little are the mud hole that we will be exploring, the night time hike really creeps me out. A couple of the things that I read on the web site started off by saying, "get out of your comfort zone". Nice. I LIKE my comfort zone!

Anyway, my attitude is much improved from what it was. I am really getting excited about the fun that Kayla and I will have and all the memories that we will be making! We are driving down just the two of us instead of riding the bus, and I think that will provide some great mom and daughter time. Past that who knows what the next few days have in store for us. I will be sure to take lots of pictures to post when I get back.

0 comments: