Thursday, March 4, 2010

Where Have I Been?

Ugh! A horrible blogger I am, I am! I quit blogging because I just didn't feel like I had time to do it and when I did have time I was too exhausted to come up with anything witty to talk about! :) It's true!
However, we happen to be going through an extremely slow period at work right now, so maybe that will give me some time to catch up a little bit. No promises, but I'll try!
So, what have we been up to since the big wedding in November????

Well, the week of Thanksgiving we took the kids on a mini vacation and headed to Atlanta. We had a great time! We went to the aquarium, the World of Coke, and the Foam Factory! The kids had a blast. If you haven't been to the Foam Factory, I would highly recommend it. This place is like Adventure Crossing on steroids!!! Inside the building, they have a three story playground with foam balls and "guns" to shoot the foam balls. It was very cool. Outside they have a lot of rides and I got jerked every which way riding them with the kids, but I loved it!

From Atlanta, we went on to Tennessee and spent Thanksgiving with the folks. My mom and Ruth and I were at Toys R Us in Clarksville at midnight on Thanksgiving night. It was the most insane year of after Thanksgiving shopping that I have ever done. Write this down people - I may NEVER go again. They had to call the police because the crowd outside Toys R Us got so unruly. Let me tell you something - I don't need anything that bad!

Christmas was really different for us this year. Ruth and Ron were in California. My mom and dad went to my brother's house. We had a few friends over on Christmas Eve, but Christmas morning was spent with just the four of us. It was quiet but nice. We had breakfast and enjoyed watching the kids open their gifts. Sometime around noon we left and went to my brother's over in North Carolina. It was one of the worst driving trips that we have ever had. It poured the whole way. Between the wind and the rain, it was a very scary trip! But, we had a nice visit with the family once we got there.

Since Christmas, we haven't had a ton of stuff going on and that has been a nice change of pace! Kayla is playing basketball and has her last game coming up this weekend. She has done really well this year and has scored a few points for her team. She just had softball evaluations and will start that in another month or so. Tyler will be playing T-Ball this spring so we will be spending a good portion of our time at the ball field. But, we love it!

Does this catch me up???

2 comments:

ksbusby said...

So the other day my mom was doing her daily check of blogs and websites and I was telling her about mine so she went to mine and then saw I was a fan of yours and this is what she said.... "man your wedding must have really worn her out, because she hasn't posted anything since the wedding" lol I'm glad your back...and I'm glad you were able to get enough rest after the wedding to blog again!!!

churchillclan said...

Your mom told me the same thing! I felt terrible! It really had nothing to do with the wedding at all!
BTW, I love, love, love your new blog. You are inspiring me!