Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Shack

One of Craig's friends highly recommended the book, The Shack, by William P. Young. So, before Craig went on his hunting trip I bought it for him so he would have something to read on the trip out there. Craig does not read a lot, mostly because he doesn't have a lot of time to, so he just finished this book a few weeks ago and told me that I should read it. I started reading it and wow, it has kind of rocked my world a little bit. I'm not going to tell you a lot about the book in case you want to read it, but I will tell you this: If ever you have had a tendency to put God in a box, this book will squash that box like a bug! I have always struggled a little bit with my perception of who God is and, though, He is constantly teaching me different facets of who He is, it is still sometimes a struggle. In a few short chapters this book has shattered my box-like image of who I often think God is, and taught me that He is so much more than I could ever imagine. His love for us is so deep that we can not even begin to comprehend. He meets us right where we are - we don't have to clean ourselves up to somehow to get to the level that He is at - He takes us right where we are. An awesome book, and I am only half way through!

0 comments: