Friday, January 16, 2009

What a Day

It has been a fun day! This morning I went to get a massage. I went to the School of Massage here in town because they are incredibly cheap! It was great, but I do have to give you a little warning. Um, they don't actually have rooms. They are more like little curtained-off sections. Yea, interesting, right. The lights are dim, the music is playing and I can see through the little slit in my curtain that there is a person in the bed in the next curtained-off section beside me and for all intents and purposes, said person is naked. Yikes! Now, granted, I couldn't see anything more than their back, but still, if I can see them, they can see me right? Slightly nerve-wrecking, but, man, I was in serious need, so I went with and hoped to goodness that she pulled the curtain tight when she came in! Anyway, seriously, you should try it - it was fun! Enough said!

Kayla came home from school with big news - she won her class spelling bee! How cool is that? I'm incredibly proud of her. On Tuesday, she will compete in her school wide spelling bee and then go up from there if she wins to county, state, national, etc. Craig and I are pulling for the National Spelling Bee and the trip to Washington, D.C.! So, pray for my little girl on Tuesday!

Tyler went with a friend to a karate place tonight for a "Bring a Friend, Break a Board Night". For those of you who know my little man really well - can you just picture this? Yes, I'm very scared and yes, I'm very glad Craig took him and not me! He had to move his clip at school today for pushing some little kid. I made him apologize to his teachers and his lip pooched out a mile and his eyes welled with tears and broke their hearts and mine too, but we do not put up with bodily harm! Except of course if you are at karate!!! He was so excited about going tonight because that meant they would teach him how to fight and then he could fight Kayla. Um, NO!!!! Is it possible to teach self defense to a four year old without them thinking it is okay to beat the fool out of their sister? We'll see!

So, while the boys were at their thing tonight I took Kayla to basketball practice and then we hit the town for a Girl's Night Out. We went to O'Charley's for dinner and I could have kissed our waiter for how sweet he was to Kayla. He called her "Ma'am" - his mama raised him right ya'll! Anyway we left there and went to "Justice", you know the store for girls where you pay $30 for a t-shirt - yea that's the place. James and Shannon had given Kayla a gift card to there for Christmas and she went tonight and got a Miley Cyrus CD and some lip gloss - her night was made! Then we went to Starbucks for coffee. Imagine the scene ya'll - me and Kayla sippin' Starbucks and rockin' out to Miley on the way home. It was awesome!

Okay, I'm still reading The Shack. You have GOT to read this book. My favorite thing I have read so far is this:

(God Speaking)"...just because I work incredible good out of unspeakable tragedies doesn't mean I orchestrate the tragedies. Don't ever assume that my using something means I caused it or that I need it to accomplish my purposes. That will only lead you to false notions about me. Grace doesn't depend on suffering to exist, but where there is suffering you will find grace in many facets and colors."

Wow, read that again and let it hit you!

0 comments: