Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A New Phase

I have talked on here a little bit about how things will be changing for our family come fall when I have two children in school. We have taken the first step toward that change and will take another one before the month is over. Yesterday I talked to my boss about giving me more hours and he was extremely receptive. So, I have now become a 20-25 hour/week employee rather than 6-9 hours/week. God has been so good to bless me with the opportunity of staying home with my kids while they are little. Not only that, but He has blessed me with a very flexible job that allows me to work only while they are in Mother's Day Out. All of this came in light of the fact that Craig's hours have been cut twice in the past week, and while we feel confident that business WILL eventually pick back up, my extra hours will certainly come in handy. So, from now until school gets out it will be a little crazy, but that is only two months, so I think we can handle it! I'll work 15-20 hours/week during the summer and then come fall I'll just keep right on going, just adding in a few extra hours through the week.

Later in the month I have to go and register Tyler for Kindergarten. What a surreal kind of moment that will be. In some ways I am so ready for this next step; in others I think, where has the time gone? Aahhh, phases! You have got to love phases!

On a completely different note, I have been waiting to post information and picture about Kayla's Science Fair project until I have her grade. Most classes got their grades over a week ago, so, hopefully, they will be coming pretty soon. I'll have to keep you posted on that one.

0 comments: