Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Catching Up

Let's see - what has been going on in my life?

Craig and I had a great trip to Atlanta, enjoyed an awesome conference, and also had a great time together in a belated Valentine's Day gift to ourselves. The moms had fun with the grandkids except that my mom took a fall going in to Kayla's basketball game and is just now getting back to feeling normal. In a month's time, we will be leaving our kids with the grandparents once again. Just in case you don't know, this is not something that Craig and I do often, but I usually work Master's week and Ruth and Ron wanted to take the kids camping. So, during spring break they will be having a blast with Grandma and Grandpa. Will I be working? Who knows. Masters is up in the air this year all the way around, so we'll see. The state of our economy has become a reality in Augusta and I just don't think Masters is going to be as huge this year. So, if I DON'T work, I will be spring cleaning??? Yea, something like that. What will I do with myself for a week without my children? It is going to be weird.

Speaking of the recession that we find ourselves in, Craig's hours just got cut back to 32 hours a week. Sweet. Praise God that he has a job - that's what I keep telling myself. And, God, continues to provide in amazing ways lately - it is so fun to really see Him showing off, isn't it! I just love Him! On a bright note, this does mean that we will be having a date every Friday from now until who knows when!

I have actually placed in some of the writing contests that I have entered lately. That is exciting. That means that someone besides my immediate family also likes my writing. I actually have had votes - more than one! Haven't won anything yet, but I'm thrilled to have placed. I was running second in one contest until this morning when someone gained some votes and now I'm in a tie for third. It is still very exciting though!

We enjoyed a nice Georgia snow day yesterday. They called school off before church on Sunday night and not the first snowflake had fallen. And guess what? None ever did fall. So, we enjoyed a bright sunshiny day yesterday. It was in the high forties by the afternoon and the kids played outside. I wonder what my relatives up north think about that! :)

I have more to tell, but I have to get off of this computer for now and go and do something productive. More to come... basketball, science fair, guinea pigs, and Mustard...

0 comments: