Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Gettin' Smarter Every Day

Tyler was cracking me up last night with revelation after revelation. They may not sound funny when you read them because most of what makes them funny is the expressions on his face and the randomness of what he is telling you.

First of all, he went to his first spend the night with a friend night on Thursday and had a great time with A. So, he tells me, out of the blue, of course, "Mama, A.'s daddy, Mr. M., told me that John the Baptizer ate grasshoppers and lived in the desert." I wish you could have seen the look on his face! I think he was jealous!!!

Then, not more than a few minutes later, he tells me, "Mom, you know it would be impossible to eat your head with your mouth because your mouth is, like, attached to your head." The revelations just keep coming!

I'm so mad at myself because there was something else that he told me last night when I was tucking him in, but I can't remember what it was - I hate when that happens!

On another note, we are running away this weekend for a quick family trip to the beach. The kids have been wanting to go and this weekend popped up with nothing else going on. So, in between softball tournaments on Friday and Kayla leaving for camp on Monday, we are going to the beach! I'm so excited - I can't wait to get out of here for a couple of days!!!

1 comments:

Mark and Abbie's blog said...

That's soo funny! After having him overnight, I can just see his facial expressions. He is a precious, sweet boy...I mean silly, crazy, rambunctious boy (ya know, they don't like to be called precious or sweet at this age). Have fun at the beach! We're heading out in a couple of weeks.