Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Children's Social Life

Summer has begun with a bang! This is the first year since Tyler started Mother's Day Out that I have not put him in the summer program at least one day a week. I'm glad I didn't now. It is going to be a jam packed month and while it is exhausting running all over town, it is good to know that they are having fun and getting to do things that they don't normally get to do. Kayla is doing a Horizons camp this week and today is her last day of that. Fortunately, one of her friends who lives close by is also doing it and so we have been able to car pool. Yesterday was my day to drive, so I dropped them off at 8:45, went to WalMart, and then came home for a couple of hours. Then I left at 11:00 and went to pick up a friend for Tyler and we took him and met some other friends at McDonalds. From McDonalds we went to a jumpy place, and me and a friend actually got to talk and catch up with each other while the kids ran wild! After that it was back home to play for a little while. While they played, I straightened up my house and got dinner ready and set my handy dandy delayed bake oven, and off we went again. Picked up Kayla and her friend, dropped off Tyler's friend, dropped off Kayla's friend, home for dinner, off to softball where more friends came out to see the game, and then back home to clean up dinner and get everyone to bed! I have to say, I didn't "do" much per se yesterday, but I was exhausted last night! I love that my kids are old enough now to play with other kids without fussing (mostly), and that we can go and do things that they enjoy and it is also enjoyable for us!

No excitement today - I'm off to work!

0 comments: