Thursday, June 18, 2009

Strangeness

Does anybody else know how strange it is to have your child in a different place from you for several days without even being able to talk to them? I'm missing my girl, but one of the GA ladies told me last night that no news is good news. One of the parents got a call Monday night from an upset, homesick girl. Poor thing! I'm so glad I didn't get that because that has to break your heart, but at the same time, you know if they stay that they'll have fun. Kayla did good when I dropped her off Monday morning, but Monday night I was wondering how she was doing. The first night away from home is always the hardest! Thank goodness she will be home tomorrow evening!

So, they won the championship game this past Friday! It was a great game and both teams played so hard! Kayla got the championship trophy from the rec department plus her team trophy - she was so excited!

Our weekend at the beach was wonderful! We had a great time of just relaxing and enjoying being together as a family. We saw dolphins at the beach - several of them - and that was just cool!

This week has been extremely quiet and relaxing and I am loving it! With no softball and only one child at home, it has been soooo quiet! Craig and I are in the thick of AWANA planning, and I am finally starting to feel like we are accomplishing some things there. For a while it just seems like you talk and hash things out without ever actually getting anything done. I'm a "get-it-doner", so I'm happy we are making progress. We are so blessed to be seeing how God is orchestrating certain things and are also blessed by the leaders that are stepping up to serve! However, we can always use more, so if you want to serve in AWANA, let us know! We would love to have You! Shameless plug I know, but, hey, it's my blog, right? :)

We leave on Sunday for the mountains, so today I'm going to clean house and get the big grocery list ready. I may even start doing a little packing today. Tonight I'm off to get a mani/pedi and I desperately need it!

Oh, big news of the week??? Tyler and the babysitter found a snake in the back yard this week! AAAHHH! It was dead, thankfully, and had been dead for quite a while, but still...

0 comments: