Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Me, oh my!!!!

Wow, what a weekend and week it has been. Let me see if I can catch ya'll up! Our Christmas started on Saturday with the arrival of Craig's parents. We enjoyed the afternoon and evening with them. They will be here for about 10 days. Sunday after church we arrived home to find my parents here. They had gotten up very early to travel to our house. So we had lunch and opened presents with them. Then we all went to see the Lights of the South. What an adventure that was! The ride started with a flat tire, we got just down the first row of lights and the guy that was driving missed gears and stalled and we started rolling backward, THEN, he took a hill too fast and jacknifed the tractor and slid down the hill aways!!! Needless to say, it was an adventurous ride and I would not recommend going after it has rained all day. But we thoroughly enjoyed the lights!



My parents left Monday morning to travel to my brother's house for the week. We spent the day just relaxing and watching Christmas movies. We even dared to make a Wal-Mart run!!! Yikes! Monday night we went to the Christmas Eve service at Church and enjoyed that very much. The Hyders came to spend Christmas Eve with us and we had tons of fun!



Christmas day was spent very quietly with just us and Craig's parents. It was strange but nice. It was extremely relaxing. In the afternoon we all went to Savannah Rapids for a walk and enjoyed some time away from the house.

The rest of the week has been filled with shopping and just lazing around the house. Craig had to work Wednesday and Thursday, but was off yesterday and will be off until next Thursday. We are enjoying the grandparents being here. Tyler has been having some serious issues this week and has just been generally ornery for most of the week. However, I think with a little bit of rest he is coming around! Ruth and I were able to get out yesterday afternoon for a few hours of shopping with just us and no children. That was fun and a much needed break for both of us I think. Kayla has been shopping with her daddy and her grandpa this week. They are getting ready for a hunting trip in October and have been enjoying buying their gear at the end of this season discounts. They are two peas in a pod!

Today, everyone except Tyler and I are off for a hike at Phinizy Swamp and then flea marketing. I thought Tyler and I could use a semi-normal day at home just trying to regroup. The Christmas stuff has been put up, but my house looks like a wreck! So today we will be cleaning and straightening and Tyler will be enjoying some down time.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. I'm going to try to get some pictures up in a little while!

0 comments: