Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Sigh of Relief

Well, I am beginning to breathe my sigh of relief! The busyness of the week before Christmas is finally starting to settle down. I have baked and baked and baked some more! Today I have made countless dozens of sugar cookies that will be getting frosted tonight. These are my mother-in-law's favorite!!! Kayla, Kendall, Tyler, and Ryland will all join forces with the adults tonight for a Christmas cookie decorating adventure! The girls will have a blast. Tyler will have more fun eating his icing than actually icing anything! And Ryland, well, considering he wasn't too sure of his b-day cake icing we will have to see how he does! I made chocolate chip cookies for Kayla's Christmas party at school today. They are watching Polar Express in their PJ's(over their clothes of course!). So I can't wait to hear all about that. I will probably do a little more baking over the weekend, but for now I am taking a break!

This is Kayla's last day of school before Christmas break. I'm excited that she will be home for the next couple of weeks!

I'm off to straighten the house up and put the kitchen to rights after a day of baking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Save some of those cookies for me too!!!!! Mom

Shannon said...

We had a great time last night decorating the cookies! We'll definitely have to do it again next year!