Monday, November 10, 2008

Catching Up

Well, here I am again, Monday morning and playing catch up! Last week was a blur. I have been struggling with some things and just did not function well at all last week. I pray this week is better. I have been covered up with Graceful Designs stuff which is a huge blessing. I worked all day Thursday, Friday afternoon, and all day Saturday, and I'm still not caught up, and still have people bringing stuff. It is awesome!

Kayla had a sleepover at my neighbor's house on Friday night and while she was doing that, Craig, and Tyler, and I went out to do a little shopping. Craig and I have decided that for Christmas for each other this year we are going to buy a couple of pieces of furniture. It is so fun right now, but on Christmas morning I'll be sad that I don't have any gifts to open! Pitiful, huh - I'm still a little kid at heart. You know you are too! Anyway, I have been searching the stores for the perfect table/cabinet for this spot in my dining room and on Friday I found it. So, we went and bought it and guess what? It is too big for my spot. Can I just be honest and tell you that for a few minutes I wanted to have a two year old size tantrum and throw myself on the floor and kick and scream? Yea, well, I resisted, but I still wanted to! So, that has to go back to the store, and I will continue to look. We did end up with a book shelf for my hallway and I was excited about that.

On Saturday, Craig played in a golf tournament while I embroidered all day. And then Saturday evening we went to a Sunday School fall fellowship at a friend's house. We had a great time and my children played so hard. Tyler was so upset when it was time to leave. It was a great time of fellowship and food and fun. And it was cold! That just adds something, you know! Drinking coffee around the fire pit and making smores! It just doesn't get any better than that! Thanks J&D for opening your home!

Yesterday started our fall revival at church and I just loved it. I love this preacher's style of preaching. He is very easy to listen to and just tells it like it is. I'm going to try to sneak away from work today for the lunch time message and then we have service Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday night. I'm looking so forward to it. He is preaching through the book of Jude.

We signed Kayla up for basketball yesterday. She did not exactly enjoy playing last year so I am shocked that she wanted to play again. I'm also sad because she is too old this year to play with the kids she played with last year, but, I guess we will make friends with a whole new group this season!

We don't have anything extraordinary planned for this week, it will mostly just be work, school, Graceful Designs, church, etc. Not necessarily in that order, but you know what I mean! I hope everyone has a great week!

0 comments: