Monday, November 3, 2008

The Worst Ever

Yea, that title pretty much sums up my pedicure that I went and got yesterday afternoon. I don't indulge in getting my nails done as much as I used to, but they were pretty bad and I had some time. Let me explain my time. Kayla had a birthday party from 2-5 yesterday and Craig and I were supposed to be in an AWANA meeting at 4:30. So, it was decided that I would take Kayla to the party and instead of coming all the way back home I would do some Christmas shopping, maybe take in a cup of coffee with my book, maybe a pedicure. Craig would take wild boy and go to the meeting. Yea, worked out good for me, huh? So, I set off on my afternoon of bliss. Dropped Kayla off at the party - what could be more fun than lots of junk food, laser tag and putt-putt for three hours? After that I went to a few stores and got some more Christmas shopping done (more on Christmas in my next post!), so then I had about an hour and a half before I had to pick Kayla up. Now, I have a regular nail place that I go to when I get my nails done, but I was on the opposite end of town completely out of my comfort zone and I was on a time schedule. So I finally find this little place that looks like it is not very busy (HELLO, should a light bulb have went off at this point?) and I mosey in there with my book looking forward to being pampered while I read and have my back rubbed by a chair with massaging hands built into it. Sure enough I walk in and notice there is not another soul getting a pedicure, somebody shouts at me to pick a color and then this YOUNG BOY begins to draw water in the tub at one of the chairs. My first thought is "wow, he's young, he must be a helper or something, surely there is someone else to do my nails." Yea, well, that thought vanished when he plopped himself down at the foot of my chair. The next thing that I notice is that there are two HUGE screen TV's up in the place and they are both playing football. FOOTBALL!!!! I can watch football at home; at the nail salon I want Lifetime television or the cooking channel or HGTV, NOT FOOTBALL. The story goes on and I got my pedicure, but I was so close to getting up and walking out and I don't usually do that sort of thing, but I was close. This boy, who was maybe 18, proceeded to give me a very mediocre pedicure all while watching two football games, monitoring his laptop, and answering multiple phone calls on his cell phone! I was livid. I kid you not, he was filing my poor toenails with his eyes glued to the television that was BEHIND him! UUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!! Oh, and on top of that, my comfortable chair, well, let me tell you --- have ya'll sat in these chairs where there are also massaging hands in the seat of the chair? That's right, you basically get your backside massaged along with your back. I'm SO NOT about that! Well, this chair also did this air thing where it kind of filled up with air and then compressed until.... well, I'll let your imagination figure out the rest. I have to admit that I did leave it on for a few minutes hoping to goodness that it would compress a few pounds off of my rearend, but I don't think it helped!

0 comments: