Friday, May 1, 2009

Don't Do As I Do, Do As I Say

Does anyone think that is a good form of parenting. I used to kind of have that attitude - I am boss, hear me roar. Okay, I still have some of that attitude - sad, yes, but honest!

So, let me tell ya'll something that my daughter said to me this morning. First of all, let me preface this by saying that growing up "suck" was a bad word. As in, "man this really sucks". Well, my parents know that I am a rebel and I say it now because I am the boss, hear me roar! :) Since I am dieting I have been making jello, the fat free, sugar free kind, because it basically is flavored water with almost no calories and it makes me feel like I have had something sweet! So, this morning Kayla was putting her lunch in her lunch box and I told her to get a lid for her jello. She said, "Mom, can a put a little dallop of whipped cream on it?". I said, "No, baby, daddy took the last of the whipped cream on his jell-o today." To which she replies, "Man, that sucks".

Now I know why my mama didn't want me saying it!

And while I'm on funny things my kids have said this week, let me tell you what Tyler said the other night coming home from a softball game. We drove by one of those churches with the cemetary on the grounds of the church. Personally, that kind of creeps me out, but, hey, to each their own. Anyway, we drove by it, and Tyler says, "Hey Mom, look there's a rock garden". Hahaha!

0 comments: