Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rain, Rain, Please Don't Go Away

We have already had two ball games rained out this week. And, while I love watching the kids play and, while I also know that it is not going to be fun making these up - it has been such a blessing to have the last two nights at home! Monday I went and got my nails done so I guess I wasn't technically home, but I needed that time out. The weekend was crazy busy - I won't even go into it because it makes me tired just thinking about it! I will tell you that I did the Walk for Life on Saturday morning. The turn out was slightly disappointing, but there was such a sweet spirit in our midst at the Riverwalk. You could feel God's presence there as a couple of groups sang - it was awesome! The rest of the weekend, however, was a complete and total blur! I was bordering on the edge of a serious overload meltdown when I left to get my nails done on Monday so it was nice to have some quiet time!

Yesterday I took a wild hair (no pun intended) and went and had all of my hair cut off and what is left I had highlighted. I haven't decided if I like it all that much yet, but it will eventually grow back, or I will grow used to it - one or the other! Last night I got Gertrude back - yea! For those of you who don't already know, this is my last month with Graceful Designs. I have loved it and have had so much fun and will miss it tremendously. However, with the extra hours I'm working at the office and the even more hours I will be putting in when fall rolls around, I just can't do it - there is not enough hours in the day. Holly's going to keep it rolling though so call her! But, for the month of May I get to embroider until my heart's content! After welcoming Gert back, the whole family chipped in to help clean the house. I hate asking for help with house work, but with all that has been going on, the house ain't gettin' clean. That adds ten times more stress to me knowing that my house is dirty! Yuck! My husband and kids are the bomb! I woke up today feeling much more ahead of the game than I have been feeling. I'm ready for summer, ready for a break!

0 comments: