Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Well...

Well what? Well, there just has not been much of anything going on this week. We are trying to settle back in to normal family life! I have almost gotten all of the laundry done from Craig's trip - whoo-hoo! Yes, we did eat our elk steaks on Monday night and I have say - they were yummy! Yesterday, Tyler and I had a huge PJ day and I let him veg in front of the television for way too long. We even napped together on the couch. It was a most lazy day!

Friday night we are doing our annual Halloween get together with the H's. Every year we go to the same restaurant and have dinner and then come back to our house, turn out all of the lights at the front of our house and hide from the trick-or-treaters! Yea, it is terrible I know. Just for the record, for all of you out there who trick or treat I think it is awesome! Craig and I didn't grow up trick or treating and just have chosen not to celebrate that day. We celebrate fall with fall festivals and carnivals and pumpkin patches, but we don't trick or treat. That doesn't mean that we think bad of those of you who do - to each their own! Sometimes I wish that we did do it only because now we have so many friends in the neighborhood whose houses we could go to, but... it is just not for us I guess! I hope everyone will be extremely careful on Friday night. Our neighborhood gets crazy as I'm sure most do with traffic and everything. I can't wait to see everyone's blogs with all of the cute costumes and stuff!

I think this coming Saturday is our last Saturday that we don't have anything planned at least until the end of November so we are going to try to just hang out around the house and probably work on the back splash. I'm also due to get Gertrude back on Saturday. I have not seen our sweet embroidery machine in a month - one long, blissful month! Honestly, I'm ready to get back at it - I have missed it!

I'm still reading the Karen Kingsbury books! I'm reading the redemption series and book 1 was semi-depressing, book 2 was great, book 3 - ugh, don't even get me started. I hit a wall about half way through the book because I looked ahead and found out about something that I didn't want to know and wasn't expecting and it ticked me off! Tonight I think I have pushed through that part and now I'm into it again. She deals with such real life issues - where are my roses and rainbows Karen????

0 comments: