Friday, February 6, 2009

Attention Blog Heads!!!

Okay, so after a long chat with my brother last night, I have been properly chastised and apparently owe all of my blog heads an apology. Seriously, I had no idea that I had a following, but my brother is a follower of Churchill Commons and has been extremely disappointed in my lack of updating and is apparently going to delete my blog from his favorites if I don't begin to do a better job. My husband echoes these same feelings. Wow! I feel so loved and needed. Brian, I could be on Facebook right now, but, NO, I'm updating my blog for you because my heart can't stand the thought of no longer being on your favorites list! :)

He also encouraged me to tell the real story of why I haven't been blogging much; I will give you the short version. The past few months have been difficult to say the least. I have not felt this kind of attack from Satan to this extreme in a long time. Basically, I am struggling with every area of life it seems, and it has beaten me down. That's the cold, hard truth people. I told you -- I'm not Super Woman, I have problems, issues, and struggles and sometimes they get the best of me. So, that is where I have been, but I don't plan to stay there any longer. You know, you can always look around and find somebody who is much worse off than you are. Right now, I have a friend who is struggling with her son and the school system, another friend who's husband is in the hospital, a friend with cancer, and the list goes on and on. Perspective doesn't necessarily make your problems go away, but it sure helps you to view them in a different light. I have a sweet friend that is so optimistic about everything - I just love her! I was fussing about the kids the other day and she basically said be thankful that you have them and that they are normal - that's perspective!

So, that's the simple version. The point is though, is that I'm going to do better, for my brother. Yesterday was his birthday, after all - the least I can do is give him an updated version of my blog to read. I have half a notion to add the "Happy Birthday" music to my blog so that when he opens this up at work later with his volume up it will blast him right out of his chair - he told me that was his favorite song!:) Okay, okay, I've messed with you enough Brian!

On my agenda for today - a new hair do. Ya'll know how I feel about new hair right? I hate it, but I'm so looking forward to getting some body put back into it. After that, it is the great world of grocery shopping. I'm becoming a famous shopper you guys! Seriously, our neighbor told me last night that I could make money teaching people to shop like I do. I think it was a compliment. What can I say, grocery shopping and shopping of any kind is my hobby. I love, love, love to see how much money I can save!

Happy Trails people! Go have a good Friday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAHOOO!! Go Brian! I too have missed the blog so much!. I don't do Facebook either so am glad you gave it to her straight! Mom

Anonymous said...

bout time woman! I havent had time to read your blog in the last two days cuz I been workin on your website! I think you'll like it. talk to you later. brian.