Saturday, February 7, 2009

Complete Stupidity

Okay, so have you ever done anything that you just really wanted to kick yourself over? Yea, I know you have! Well, I did that. I had this friend that several months ago told me about this movie she had seen and how good it was. Craig and I just do not do movies that often. We watch a lot of sports at our house and we rarely go out to the movies or even rent movies. Well, a couple of weekends ago we decided that we were going to get a movie. So, I thought to myself, "self, you should get that movie that so&so told you about". So, that is what self did. I came home ready to spend the evening watching a movie with my hubby. Well, guess what? I rented the blu-ray version. Will somebody please explain to me what the heck that even means and why it won't play on my DVD player. Better yet, will someone please tell the movie rental places that they should clearly mark these things in big, huge, neon letters, with a little side note that says, "HEY, these don't play in just any DVD player". So, we totally threw $5+ bucks down the drain on that one. Craig thought I should take it back to the store and calmly explain to them what I did. Um, no - I'm not going to admit to the whole world that I'm a moron, even if I am the "Take Back Queen". So, last weekend, we tried again. I rented the same movie and made sure I did not get the blu-ray version. It took us almost the whole rental week to even find an evening to watch it and when we finally did get sat down to watch it, guess what? We had already seen it. Apparently months ago when my friend first told me about it, I had rented it. Basically, it cost us about $15 to see that movie. Ridiculous! We are so joining Netflix.

By the way, just in case you are wondering what the movie was, it was "Dan in Real Life" and it was a good, mostly clean movie. And I paid $15 to see it.

1 comments:

LaraJane said...

That is too funny Lisa!! But I can add to it and make you not feel so bad...my mom wanted to know how you rewind the DVD before you return it!!! LOL!!!!!