Saturday, December 6, 2008

Breakfast with Santa

Well, our crazy day started at 9:00a.m. with Breakfast with Santa at Kayla's school. I've told you before that we do not celebrate Santa at Christmas, but I couldn't resist taking them to see Santa at school. Tyler caught a glimpse of Santa at the mall last week and went a little crazy. He spent several minutes this morning practicing the hug that he was going to give Santa only to forget once he saw him. It was a fun time this morning that lasted, no kidding, less than 15 minutes. Kayla is pretty much totally out of the fascination with Santa and when we got there this morning she said, "do I really have to do this", to which I assured her that no, she didn't have to if she didn't want to. But you can see, when Santa called her forward, she couldn't resist!

So, now the rest of the day consists of me getting my hair done, a Christmas party this afternoon, painting, baking, cooking, cleaning, laundry, and on and on. I think we were invited to a total of 3 birthday parties for today, one breakfast open house this morning, and I think that is it. We are skipping all three birthday parties and even though I would have loved to go and hang out with my friends at breakfast this morning, we had already planned Breakfast with Santa. The holiday season has definitely begun for us and we are trying to pick and choose what we want to do rather than trying to do all of it and losing our sanity and our Christmas spirit! It will still be a busy time, but I am loving all the getting together, spending time with friends, and just being festive! Hope everyone has a great day!


0 comments: