Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ramblings of A Crazy Person

Great day, it has been a whole week since I posted. What is going on with me? All of a sudden I have no time for blogging!

We have had a ton going on and have been having a blast skipping from party to party and getting our own house ready for our two week long party with family that is coming up! Let's see, last weekend was Kayla's first basketball game - she did so great! Maybe I will have pictures soon; okay, maybe not too, but I will try! Saturday was a crazy day for us and it didn't help that I just about knocked myself out. We left the basketball game and went to Ryland's two year birthday party - I can't believe that little boy is two already. He was so much fun to watch open his presents and play! As we were leaving that party I ran into the back of the van and whacked my head. Needless to say, I think I gave myself a bit of a concussion, and after visiting my chiropractor tonight, I do know that I definitely gave myself some whiplash because my neck was all out of whack. Just call me grace. I have to tell you though, it put me on the couch for the rest of the day and my head is still tender. We did make it to another Christmas party on Saturday night and got to visit with some folks that I went to Mexico with as well as other people from our church.

This week we have had something pretty much every night. Kayla had play practice on Monday and then her and Tyler had their Kid's Choir programs last night. They both did very well and I will hopefully have the video up of Kayla's solo as well as some photos in the near future! Tuesday night I went to a Bunko cookie swap and that was tons of fun. I'm telling you - I'm addicted to Bunko! There was about 20 people there and we had a great time of fellowship and food and I rolled my first Bunko - it was awesome!!! Tonight we got together with the Hyders and Maxwells for our annual kid's gift exchange! They all have such a big time together and this year Ryland was just right in the middle of everything and following Ty-Ty all around so that was fun to watch. The rest of the weekend we are home free. I think we are done with parties and we only have one more Christmas program to go to which is tomorrow at Kayla's school - she is playing a song on the recorder! Then on Sunday, Mom and Dad arrive!

I am still cooking up a storm. Today I made four batches of chex mix - we love us some chex mix! I also made some peanut clusters and chinese new year cookies and peanut butter cups. Still have more baking to do, but that it all that got done today.

I have a confession to make - our Christmas tree still is not up! Our goal is to get it put up and decorated tomorrow night. All of the rest of my decorations are up, but not the tree. Craig finished the painting last weekend and that is kind of what we were waiting on. I hope to have pictures of our finished home products soon also. Everything is done and it looks great - my husband is the bomb! I just love him!

Alright, I'm exhausted, I have to sleep - more to come soon!

0 comments: