Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Cooking Frenzy

It is ten minutes after eleven PM and I just put a coffee cake in the oven. I think I may have lost my mind. Craig has been craving coffee cake for a couple of weeks now. He is doing a crazy shift thing this month at work and I thought it might be fun for him to have his coffee cake when he gets home in the morning. Cooking has been the theme of my week! I'm getting ready for all of my family at Christmas and I thought I would get started early and go on ahead and make up the stuff that would freeze well. So, I have made a batch of homemade crescent rolls, about 5 dozen muffins, a double batch of chili, and a pot of homemade chicken noodle soup. The crescent rolls I did a couple of weeks ago and the rest has been done in the last day or two. Tomorrow I am making up my meatballs and am also going to do some cookies for my Bunko cookie swap next week and some cookies for Christmas. I am loving every minute of it! I love to cook and I figure the more I get done now the more I will be able to enjoy everybody when they get here!

I'm going on a sympathy quest for a moment, ok? Over the weekend I noticed that my shoulder was really bothering me; it was all around my collar bone and even into my jaw sometimes. Not fun! So on Monday I went to the chiropractor and he told me he thought I had sprained something in there and he proceeded to adjust it for me. Can you say pain and agony? Want to know the really depressing part? He said it may take more than once. It has been hurting tonight and I am dreading having to go back! However, I am thankful that my deductible has kicked in and now it costs me less than $20 to go! WhoooHooo!

On a housing update, let me just say that we are getting so close! The wall in the living room is done and painted! The bottom half, where all the molding is, has to have one more coat of paint and then it is finished. I still have shelves to go up in the new closet and Craig has to assemble our new entertainment table/stand/center thing! On Monday, the carpet cleaners come and then we will be done. The Christmas tree goes up on Tuesday and the following weekend my parents come! So, it looks like this project should be done within a week's time! It has been quite a process, but it all looks so good!

Tomorrow, Tyler and I are off to buy groceries! If you see me at WalMart tomorrow and I look like a drowned rat who is ready to hurt someone you may want to head in the opposite direction! Hopefully Tyler will be very good and I will maintain my very happy, go lucky outlook on life! :)

0 comments: