Friday, December 12, 2008

The Energizer Bunny

I AM the Energizer bunny! I keep going and going and going. In all seriousness, this is a busy time, but I am having so much fun! We have been to get togethers and parties this month and I still have a few left to go and it really has just been a blast. I haven't been stressed about any of it until last night and today and then I got slightly irritable. Okay, I got a lot irritable! Thank you to my friends and my mother who have listened to me whine last night and today! I think I am over it. I realize I have packed our plate pretty full this month, but, again, I have to say, I am having the best time, and I am really trying to just have fun and not stress about everything I have to do. Tonight was our Sunday School Christmas party and it was just a scream! I laughed almost until I hurt. S, I'm so sorry about laughing at your near death experience on that mountain - you know I love you! It was a great time out at this barn that these people in our church own. This is not an ordinary barn ya'll! It is NICE! It is all decorated for Christmas and is just so festive!

Let's see...tomorrow is Kayla's first basketball game! Go Kayla! We leave the basketball game and head straight to Ryland's birthday party - he is two! He was singing Happy Birthday last night and just is getting so big! Craig will be putting the last coat of paint on in the living room after the party tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow night we have another Christmas party to go to. It will be another busy weekend with a busy week to follow. Next week, both of the kids have their kid's choir plays. On Friday, Kayla will be performing in her school Christmas play - she is playing a song on the recorder! I'm so proud of her - she has worked hard on that song!

So, there is lots going on, but I am trying to keep my perspective. I don't want to forget that Christmas is about the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. He is so good to me! Especially at this time of year you can look around and find so much to be thankful for. Thank You Lord for all of Your many, many blessings. By blessings I don't just mean outward things, but the internal things too. You know what I mean - the things just between you and God. The way He speaks to you through a scripture or a song, the way He answers a prayer that you have been praying, or just the peace of His presence. How has He blessed you this week? Think about it and thank Him!

0 comments: