Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Recap

Wow, it seems like weeks have gone by since I posted but it was only a few days ago. Tons has happened around here so I'm going to break it down into a few different posts!

Thanksgiving was a very fun day relaxing with James and Shannon and Ryland and James' mom. The kids had a blast and Tyler wore himself right to sleep on their living room floor. We literally spent the whole day over there eating and playing games. It was great!

We left their house about 11:00p.m., were home and pretty much had the kids in bed by 11:30. Kayla and I got up about 3:15 A.M. on Friday morning to go and do the crazy Black Friday shopping. Last year was the first year I let her go with me and she asked me a gazillion times last week if we were going shopping again the day after Thanksgiving. I have most of my shopping done and just needed a few things for Tyler, so mostly, yes, I just went for the sheer thrill of being with 10,000 of my closest friends at a horrendous hour of the day/night. One of our friends saw me in Wal-Mart and commented to me on Sunday that he had seen me and could tell I was frustrated! How bad is that? Truth be told, though, I was frustrated. I found a great deal on these Nerf guns at Wal-Mart and went and bought enough for all four of us for Christmas. You have no idea what I had to go through to get those! Anyway, Kayla and I had a great time and I was home and back to bed by 6:30 a.m. I have two small gifts left to buy and maybe a few stocking stuffers and then I am done. Pretty much everything is wrapped and so I'm feeling pretty good about all that!

So, our Thanksgiving was great. We have done a ton on the house this past week and I can't wait to tell you all about it, so maybe tonight I will have time to do another post and tell you about it! However, right now I have two children who need to get in the bed!

0 comments: