Thursday, December 25, 2008

Wow!

First of all, let me say "Merry Christmas". I realize it is technically only Christmas day for another half an hour, but I wanted to get my Christmas wish in to all of you!

It has been a very busy couple of days. Yesterday, I had a little melt down for myself just before the Christmas Eve service at church and my husband had to shake me a little and remind me about what is truly important. I will admit that I completely lost my focus on the true meaning of Christmas for a couple of hours. Praise God for Christmas Eve service that gets you back in the right frame of mind and puts the focus back on Christ!

My parents got here Sunday afternoon and we have just truly enjoyed them being here. Although dad has complained about me working him to death, I think he has had fun too! Ruth and Ron got here on Wednesday afternoon and her and Kayla set right about making a birthday cake for Jesus! Last night we went to Christmas Eve service and then came home and had our traditional Christmas Eve party with the Hyders. I just publicly would like to thank James for my Bubble Butt guy - you are the best - how did you know that was exactly what I wanted. By the way, I hope that Butt Station looks good on your desk! James and I are kind of like my dad and my mother-in-law - we have an ongoing battle for who can get the other the tackiest gift. I think he won this year. I will have to post a picture!

Today, the kids were up just after 7:00a.m. to open presents. They had a great Christmas! So many fun toys and stuff! The best part??? Nerf guns for the whole family!!! Tons of fun, I'm not kidding! We had some friends from church over for dinner this afternoon and then played some cards. We always play games when we are together. Sometimes it's pretty and sometimes it's not. This week it is so ugly. We have not won one game yet. It is very sad!

My brother and his family will be here on Saturday and I'm so looking forward to doing Christmas all over again with them when they get here! My kids have missed their cousins and are looking so forward to playing with them for a couple of days.

So, other than my mental breakdown yesterday it has been a great, fun filled week! I'm about to get off here and see if I can pull my pictures up and look at them and hopefully I will get some posted tonight or tomorrow! Good night everyone! Merry Christmas!

0 comments: