Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Blah",.... said Toad.

We are all about some Frog and Toad stories at my house right now. Well, there is this one story where Frog is trying desperately to wake Toad up because spring has arrived. Toad has no interest in getting up and responds with, "Blah, wake me up at half past May.". I'm smiling as I write that because the story just cracks me up, but if you have never read Frog and Toad then you think I have lost my mind and that's okay. That is how my day is today, blah, wake me up at half past May! In a good way. It is overcast and dreary and we have been in our PJ's all day! It has been wonderful! I did manage to get a shower, did no makeup, didn't fix my hair, and put on grungy clothes. This is bliss people!!!! No place to go, no people to see! I should tell you though that these are the days when 5 or 6 people will stop by uninvited and unannounced. It happens every time I have a day like this. I'm pretty sure that my neighbors think that I look like this all the time and that my house is always a mess. Oh, well --- come back at half past May!!! Sorry, I am cracking myself up every time I type that! Eventually today (right before Craig gets home) I will muster up the gumption to get the dishes put into the dishwasher, to make the bed, and maybe even finish the laundry and do some ironing. But for right now I'm going to go and pop some popcorn and curl up on the couch with a book! I hope that all of you get to experience a "blah" day very soon!

2 comments:

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

No "blah" days for me these days, but I wish I had know that Tyler was into Frog and Toad. I had about 10 of them or so as part of my K curriculum and they all got sold on Ebay. I'll check to make sure though. What great stories they are. Josiah really liked them too.