Monday, September 15, 2008

Catching Up

Aaahhh, this past week has been great. We have had next to nothing going on and I have loved every minute of it. I have taken an afternoon nap several days this past week and I think I am beginning to feel caught up on my sleep! Last weekend was so insane that it took me several days to catch up. Our weekend was good. Craig worked late on Friday night and didn't get home until about 8:00 that night. Me and the kids took our yard sale stuff over to S.'s Mom's house in anticipation of our yard sale on Saturday. For two Saturdays in a row I was up before 6:00 a.m. Next Saturday I'm sleeping in! We did pretty good at the yard sale and I was happy with what we made. We moved a ton of junk! What was left went to Goodwill on the way home. But, let me tell ya'll something... it was stinkin' hot. And by "stinkin'", I mean it was so hot you were stinkin' by the time it was over with. I'm pretty sure that we all sweated out a good five pounds! Nasty! Saturday afternoon was spent on the couch with my husband watching football. There is nothing like this time of year when every Saturday you can just lay around for 3-4 hours and watch a good college football game. Our guys in blue didn't do so hot, but we are hoping they will rally for next week's game.

Yesterday was a good day of church and more laying around. I think we are getting lazy! I like it!

Today we are all back to our normal Monday stuff. Craig laughed at me last night for laying all of our lunches and even dinner stuff out on the counter, but if I don't get ready the night before it makes Monday a truly ugly day. So, lunches are packed, dinner is in the crock pot, I have had my walk and my quiet time and I am ready to face the day! Craig is getting off at 11:00 today for an eye exam and he gets the rest of the afternoon off. So, I have a short day at work today too as we are going to go and have lunch together.

I have to share some updates about the kids...

Kayla got a solo in her school play that is coming up next month. It is a very short solo, but she is so excited and we are so proud of her. She is changing and growing up so much. Some is good and some I could do without! She is a huge help to me around the house and with Tyler and she can be a very sweet big sister. She helped S and I on Friday night by keeping an eye on Tyler and R while we unloaded yard sale stuff. On the other hand, we are still struggling with school issues and I have suddenly become the stupidest person on earth. Oh, and to show me that I am the stupidest person on earth she has started rolling her eyes at me. I could do without all of that. I have a very bad habit of leaving my shoes under this cabinet that I have under my phone. I'm a messy, just ask my husband and he'll tell you. If you ask me I'm going to lie and say I'm not!:-) Anyway, yesterday I told her to take care of her shoes from under the cabinet, as it seems she likes this spot and thinks that since I do it she should too. I told her just b/c I do it doesn't mean she should(great parenting skills, huh - don't do as I do, do as I say! yea, I'm guilty). So, she responds to my request by saying, "Mama, the Bible says train up a child in the way they should go, you told me that". Ouch.

On to Tyler. He is a story all his own. He keeps us laughing all day long because he is stinkin' funny! Of course some of the stuff that he says is not so funny and I wonder where he comes up with this stuff. Like yesterday morning, he was in rare form. Craig went in to wake him up for church. Let me stop right here and tell you, when Tyler's eyes open he is 100% awake. Rarely does he wake up in a bad mood. He is not one of those kids that you have to shake and holler at to get up. So Craig wakes him up and says, "do you want some breakfast". To which Tyler replies, "Yea, totally"! I think he has been watching Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure reruns when we're not looking! So, then, we are all getting ready for church and he comes in with his "hiking" boots on and wants me to tie them. I said, "wow, Tyler, did you get these on all by yourself". "yea, I just pulled this thing(the tongue)and it came right on. I'm not an idiot". Yes, and I quote - "I'm not an idiot". Don't know where that came from. We have a lot of talks that begin with "that is not a nice word".

My kids are so fun, but growing up way too fast!

On a kitchen update, we had to order more tile. It should be here on Friday and when Craig picks it up he will also be gettin grout, sealer, and glue and the next project will begin. I'm so ready to be rid of my pink walls!

Happy Monday everyone!

0 comments: