Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Churchill Happenings

Well, once again, I find that it has been several days since I have posted. Life is so busy right now that I find that when I do have the time to post, I don't have the energy. That is just where we are right now. So, what has been going on in the Churchill home ---

First of all, I must say that my countertops are installed! Yea! We are still fighting with Lowes over what they are going to do to help compensate for the mess that they made out of these. Even when Craig was installing them on Monday he realized that they had messed up another cut, plus left about a 6" stripe of black sharpie on my counter where they had overmarked where they needed to cut. Hopefully Craig will be able to find something that will remove that without messing up the finish on them. He was able to fix the cut that they made, but he did take pictures down to Lowes. We have really tried not to be ugly about this, but when you pay for something like this, you want it to be done right. So, the next project is the backsplash and Craig and I are both a little nervous about that. All of his calculations flew out the window when the countertop came in and it is a slightly different size than what we had before. Oh well, we will figure it out!

We are trying to get settled back into our school routine and I think we are doing okay. We are having some struggles with Kayla and out of respect for her I am not going to go into detail for the whole world to read. Just know that we would covet your prayers. For some reason fourth grade is a whole new world for her as well as for us and we are struggling to settle in.

Graceful Designs has been busy and that has been consuming a great deal of my time. I'm trying to find balance there. It would be easier to walk away from if we had a store front, but we don't, so I am continually finding myself trying to keep things done up or make sure that orders are picked up, etc. I told somebody no for the first time this past weekend and that was hard. She was supposed to come and pick up an order on Saturday morning, she called at about 6:00 or 7:00 Saturday night and wanted to come and get it and I told her "no". Ouch!There has to be a shut off time at some point and I guess I reached that point. I'm still having a great deal of fun with the whole thing, but I am also always ready for Holly to take the machine away at the end of my two weeks!

On another note, do you know that it is the beginning of September??? When I went out to walk this morning it was 65 degrees!!! I love 65 degrees! I have been on a muffin kick and every time I bake muffins it makes me want to get my fall decorations down and go on a pumpkin hunt! I just love it. This is my absolute favorite time of year. I think even more so than spring. In the spring I know that it is not going to last long and that summer is coming, but in the fall, I know it is just going to get cooler and that the holidays are fast approaching. I have even bought a few Christmas presents over the last few weeks! Love it!

On a Tyler note, I have been on an ebay search for Frog and Toad books. And if you are wondering what Frog and Toad books are, shame on you. Stop what you are doing right now and run to your nearest book store to buy one. I think that we now have all of them. Tyler loves them. They are just funny. Reminds me of my mother's Mustard stories. I have read countless Frog and Toad stories over the last few weeks and Tyler just cannot get enough of them! I'm waiting for him to wake up this morning to see how he feels. He was kind of pitiful yesterday; he was all congested and said his throat hurt. We'll see. If he is better, he's off to school today; if not, I will enjoy an unscheduled day at home!

We had two couples from church over on Sunday night to have snacks and play games and we had a great time. Learned a new game called "Car". It was a lot of fun! This coming Friday is my sweet hubby's birthday and we are scheduled to go on a couple's night out with our Sunday School class. I'm looking forward to that! More details about the birthday to come later in the week! All I want to say is "Happy Two Days Before Your Birthday Babe!"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is about time you updated your blog! I have missed it. Of course, I got most of the scoop from your weekend and all on the phone yesterday, but I still like the blog spot. Hope Tyler is feeling ok today. If not Mustard will have to come over and spend some time with him!!