Monday, September 15, 2008

What are we going to do with Tyler?

Oh my. This boy is out of control. If he wasn't so stinkin' funny and cute! So, Craig was home early today and we were sitting in the living room visiting and I looked over at the end table by where he was sitting and noticed there was something sticking out of the end table drawer. We keep magazines in that drawer so I figured some of the pages got caught and were hanging out of the drawer. I might be a messy, but I cannot handle half closed drawers with stuff hanging out of them. So, Craig opens the drawer and guess what it is? Tyler's pajama shirt from this morning!!! He wanted to play a trick on us he said! His pajama bottoms were in the other end table drawer! What a nut! And then, I made him take them back and put them in his dirty clothes basket. When he came back out to the living room I asked if they were on the floor in his room or in his dirty clothes basket. "Um, let me go check". Code for "they're on the floor". So, a good mom knows her kids right? He comes back out again and I ask him if they are in his clothes basket. He goes back to check again and comes back out and says, laughing, "I ACCIDENTALLY threw them on my closet floor". Tell me why is it easier to throw them on the closet floor when the clothes basket is in the closet???

So, now we're on to dinner. We have a rule at our house that you don't get more of anything until you finish EVERYTHING on your plate. If they don't eat everything, that's okay, but they can't get seconds of one thing until everything else is gone. So, Tyler asks for more corn casserole and Craig explains that he can't have anymore until the rest of his plate is clear. To which Tyler replies, "Well, I think we just need to start doing things my way and I want to scrape half of this into the trash and have more corn casserole." Talk about trying to keep a straight face!

Now, they are having wrestling/tickle time in the living room floor and Kayla has just informed Craig that she has been to "advanced training"! Tyler went and ripped his shirt off and is now "The Incredible Hulk". What's not to love about having kids?

0 comments: