Friday, August 22, 2008

6:39 a.m.

Yes, that is what time my son got up this morning wanting to know if he could go and get his fishing rod. You see, Tyler gets hooked on one toy and he will play with it for several days before switching to a new one. He has done this since he was a baby. So the toy for this week is a baton with a yo-yo attached to the head of it - better known as a "fishing rod". We will be eating fish for the next year with all of the huge fish that he has caught all over the house!

So, here I sit, trying desperately to make my eyes open and wake up. I thought this would be a GREAT time to blog!

We had a great time with my brother and his family last weekend. I will try to post some pictures soon. They brought Luke, the puppy, with them, and let me just tell you - he was a serious cutie! They got here late Friday night and my kids were up at, I think, 6:30 on Saturday morning. Since they were sleeping in our room I made them stay in there in their beds until I was ready to get up! Pretty soon the cousins were up too and the fun began. The five of them get along so well and play great together. So we hung out Saturday morning and then we packed a picnic and took the kids to the park for a little while. We came home later in the afternoon and the guys watched the Olympics while my sister-in-law and I went and had pedicures. That was nice! Saturday night we went to dinner - Sadonna - you will be happy to know that we finally tried the new Mi Rancho! It was yummy! After dinner the real fun began. We went to Adventure Crossing. I'm thinking of embroidering some T-shirts for Ad. Crossing to sell. Something like "My parents brought me here and spent all the money they had saved for my college education" or maybe "My parents went to Ad. Crossing and went in debt and all I got was this lousy T-shirt". You catch my drift, right? My sil and I are pretty frugal so we spent about the first 20 minutes just trying to play the system and see how much we could do for the least amount of money. Let me save you the trouble -- THERE IS NO PLAN LIKE THAT!!! You will do one thing and pay dearly for it! Okay, maybe it wasn't quite as bad as all of that. It was very fun for the kids. They all rode the go carts and then we went in to the arcade area and let the kids throw money into the trash can, oh, I mean video games. Then comes the excruiating point where you have to turn your tickets in for "prizes". I won't even go down that road! It was fun though - the guys got to ride the go carts with the kids several times and that is always fun to watch. Sunday was church and then they headed home and we headed to AWANA. Sunday was the first night and considering that they have changed some of the material, I think everything went surprisingly well!

Today is my first day with both kids in school and I don't have to go into work. I'm very excited about three hours of running errands by myself. I'm having serious issues with my kids growing up right now. I will have to post more about that later. Right now I have to go and see if I can change the breakfast conversation going on right now. Kayla is explaining to Tyler about skulls and brains and how the brain is mushy. Gross.

0 comments: