Thursday, August 7, 2008

Stinky News

Okay, before I start this, I would ask that you please not ask Kayla about anything to do with this. When it gets better, I will let you know.

We went to Miyabi's for her birthday tonight and then on to Open House. And then she cried the whole way home. She doesn't have any of her old friends in her class with her and she has several friends that she has been in the same class with for the last couple of years. She also got the one teacher that she didn't want. AND, when we walked into the classroom it was like stepping into another world. Gone were all of the fun cutsie things of grades past. We are talking tall desks and big chairs here and text books. I wanted to cry. And I still might before the night is over. Kayla hated all of it. It was very... sterile. Her teacher seems nice, but not your bubbly "I'm so excited to see you" kind of nice. So, Kayla has literally cried all the way home. She is still crying. I let her cry and let her vent and then finally told her that she had a choice to make. Dread it and make herself sick over it and walk into to school on Monday with attitude the size of Texas OR accept that God had a different plan for her this year, new friends, new adventures, and just try to make the best of it. Right now I think she is taking Option number 1. Okay, for all of my female readers who remember what it is like to not get the teacher you like or not be in the class with all of your friends, you know what she is feeling right now. I'm feeling it. I just want to vomit for her. Actually, I want to storm the principal's office and demand that they move her to a new classroom with her friends, a grandmotherly teacher, fun books and posters on the walls, and LITTLE desks. I'm not ready for all of this. It is, like, so pre-middle school. So, I'm going to take my own advice and accept that God has a plan in all of this... right after I have my tantrum and my five minutes of feeling sorry for myself and for my daughter.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I'm glad to hear how you felt about open house--not glad you felt that way, just glad to know I'm not the only one. When we got into the car after open house Russell looked at me like I was off my rocker when I made some comment about the whole thing making me a nervous wreck, being stressful, etc. It must be a mom thing! When it comes to getting a teacher you may not like I've always told Andrew "This is real life. You're going to have to deal with people you don't like." I like to think God is preparing our children for down the road "stuff". It may end up being the best year Kayla's had yet!
Sadonna