Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Update

I hate when I don't have a clever title for my blog entry. It just really irritates me and sets my blog off on a bad tone. I mean "updates" - where has my creativity gone? I'm so disappointed in myself:(. Okay, and now, I'm over it!

I have worked my fingers to the bone today. I spring cleaned the living room. I enlisted Kayla's help - that child is a whiz at wiping down molding, and she really had such a sweet attitude about helping that I'm probably going to have to pay her or something! I have molding from the chair rail down and it collects dust on purpose. That is it's function in life - to collect dust for me to clean when I have nothing better to. I got everything done - the dry wall that was sitting on my pictures and molding is now long gone. Family pictures from months ago that have been taped to the frame (to ensure proper placement in the collage) have now actually been placed IN the frame. We ran errands before and after church and got much done! Whew! More of the same tomorrow. Craig is done with the drywalling for a good little while so I finally feel like I can clean and it won't get messed up a few days later! Oh, let me tell ya'll - the kitchen is just coming along really well. Our countertops should be in on Friday. Maybe by the time my brother comes we will actually have them installed. Yea! For my inlaws' visit and Kayla's birthday this weekend I am just excited to have paint on the walls.

So, Kayla's birthday, that is the next thing. We are in birthday mode. Did I tell ya'll that she was having a spa party? My friend Abbie did the invitations and they are so cute. I would love to tell you where to view her cards, but I have no idea how to do that cool hyperlink thing. Abbie, HELP!!! Anyway, then I had another sweet friend who is a consultant for BeautiControl that just brought me over all kinds of goodies to use for the party. Thanks Heloise! So between all of that and the stuff that I was able to get through our embroidery vendors we are going to have a spa party like you have never seen! Kayla is so excited! Tomorrow night we are doing our annual trek to Miyabi. We are going it alone this year because we have Open House at school tomorrow night and we are going to be pushing it to make it through dinner and on to school in time. I hope she has a good class this year. Last year was great. No problem students, well, not really anyway and her teacher was so sweet. I'll keep you posted.

Tyler has his teacher "meet and greet" next week. Guess who his teacher is going to be? Aunt Janna! Yea! We have already told her that we expect for our child to get all "A's" and be teacher's pet. Kidding of course. Actually what I told her was, "look, I know he is going to be in time out ALOT, and we promise not to have any hard feelings toward you for making him mind!". Oh, I hope he does better this year!

Gertrude went home with Holly today. I'm so glad she is back from vacation. Gertrude was getting so lonely for her after being at my house for a month. It's so nice to look over in the corner of my dining room and see...NOTHING!!! She has been a trooper this month and worked very hard!

Okay, I think if I continue to type I am going to begin to babble, if I haven't already. I hate to babble, but I do it way too often!

0 comments: