Sunday, August 10, 2008

Back to Normal

Well, tomorrow we start back to our "normal" routine. Please define normal! Seriously, the past couple of weeks have been so hectic so I am looking forward to settling back into school and work! Kayla starts tomorrow and she is in a much better frame of mind and knows that God has something planned. He has certainly done a work in her heart over the past couple of days about the year to come. Thank You Lord! It will seem so strange to just have Tyler home this week and I will miss Kayla like crazy. We have had fun this summer. Tyler will start his school next Monday and he is excited about that. We go for his open house on Wednesday. So maybe by the end of next week we will be back in the school year groove.

We have enjoyed having my in-laws here this weekend although my mother-in-law hasn't felt well and I know that is not enjoyable for her. But still they have enjoyed the party and the kids. Tyler has taken to calling Grandpa "Pop". It's kind of like him calling Craig "buddy". It has been too cute. Today was promotion Sunday and Tyler is old enough now to go to Children's Church. That was hard. No more scanning my ID tag to check him in and out of nursery - he is officially a big kid. It makes me sad. My kids are growing up so fast and while it is great in some ways it is so sad in others.

So my inlaws leave in the morning, Kayla starts school tomorrow, and Tyler and I have a whole lot of nothing planned this week! My brother and his family will be here on Friday and he just called tonight to tell me they are bringing their new puppy! My children are going to go nuts. Thanks Brian - when ya'll leave I will probably have to get them a dog. From what I understand "Luke" is six weeks old and is a beautiful chocolate lab with blue eyes! That will be tons of fun for my kids - they have been begging for a pet. So, we look forward to their visit this week. After that our next big thing is Craig's hunting trip. It will be here before I know it. My m-i-l will be coming to spend those couple of weeks with us and we have already been talking about projects that she can do while she is here. She is a seamstress extraordinaire! I am fully convinced that she can make just about anything that I can dream up! Craig is really starting to get geared up for his trip and is trying to get his list together of everything he needs before he goes. I'm so excited for him and his dad - they are going to have a blast.

0 comments: