Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tyler Talk

Well, my little guy has been full of talk this week. All kinds of interesting things going on in his little life! First of all, just to bring you all up to date - John Peter has a girlfriend or a sister. Her name is "marshmallow". No, I'm not kidding. She started out as a sister and somewhere along the way turned into a girlfriend. No, we do not live in Alabama or Arkansas or any of those states. We are southern but not that southern! Aunt Shannon was privileged enough today to get to meet Marshmallow. Goodness, she seems like such a sweet girl. I do hope she will hang around for awhile.:)

Next, I have to tell you about stinky feet. Thanks to my father, some of our family is blessed with a very aromatic foot odor. People have been known to drop dead to the floor if in the same room when certain members of our family take off their shoes. Tyler has possibly the stinkiest feet of anybody I know with the exception of my dad. Sorry dad, but you know it is true! So, yesterday, the kids had been at Shannon's while I was working and they had got to go swimming. So I was on the way home with them after they had just gotten out of the pool and Tyler says, "mama, my feet don't stink anymore". I said, "really". "Yep, I just took my shoes off, and then I put my feet right up to my nose, and I took a deep breath, and they don't stink anymore." "Well, not too much anyway." Poor kid, he couldn't even convince himself. I think the chlorine in the pool just disguised it for awhile! Shannon, ya'll may need a new filter or something - extra chlorine? Just send me the bill!

Onto today...I was rocking Tyler tonight. I love to rock him when he hasn't had a nap. And, yes, for those of you who are thinking "Nap?, what's that?", he does still take a very good nap most days. Anyway, I love to rock him and sing to him when he gets that tired just because I can and he is just so still and sweet! So, tonight I was singing that song "You are my strength when I am weak". When I got to the part where it says, "when I am dry, You fill my cup", Tyler said, "Mama, why does somebody need to fill your cup"? So I explained to him that we need Jesus to fill us up with the strength to do all the things that we can't do on our own. His response, "oh, okay, I was just asking --buddy". Oh my goodness he can be so sweet. My m-i-l has said many times that when he is sweet he is just really really sweet, but when he is bad, he really is rotten. So true!

0 comments: