Monday, August 25, 2008

???

Okay, not sure what is going on with this background and if it is something bad, you'll have to forgive me for being ignorant. I just liked the purple and then I realized it had words on it. ??? Oh well.

So, we have been, once again, at a standstill with home improvements. I can't remember if I posted about the mess up with the cutting of the countertops. One countertop came out right but the rest of them were either not cut in an acceptable fashion or they weren't cut the right size. Lovely. So, I do have to say though that Lowes has been wonderful. They called today to let us know they would be in this week and that the managers were talking about how they were going to compensate us for having to wait so long. My hand shot up like that little annoying child who always sits in the front row and always knows the answers --- "ooohhhhh, me, me, me, pick me, you could give them to us for free!!!" Actually, I told Craig that they could just give us a new tape measure and I would be ecstatic. We had no idea that they were even thinking about cutting us a deal. So, more to come on that...

We had a rough afternoon today. Kayla's homework took her about an hour and a half. Not because it was difficult or because there was so much there, just because this is how things go sometimes. One spelling sheet and one page of math problems, and an hour and a half later there was gnashing of teeth and tears. Then she wanted to know why it was that she just couldn't come home from school and just relax after having worked so hard all day. I wanted to ask the same question for myself. Actually, I wanted to stomp my feet and have a tantrum, but I decided that was not mature. THEN, we started dinner. Now, let me tell ya'll what I cooked for dinner tonight. Seriously, I was so proud of myself because I have not been in a cooking mood lately, so tonight was pretty good for me. I cooked a pork roast with potatoes, steamed squash, and broccoli casserole. Craig was complimenting me on how good it was and I was thinking to myself, "hey, this is pretty good". Kayla asks if she can have more pork roast and I look at her plate to see that she still has quite a bit of bro. casserole left and some squash left. I am a firm believer that if you want seconds you have to finish all of your firsts. So I tell her to finish what's left on her plate first, to which she responds, "can I just be excused?". Sure, I say, but don't ask for a snack after school tomorrow. To which her face falls. I explain that if we don't eat our dinner, we don't eat snacks either. "Mom, please, I need to say something, it's just that you used to cook these really good meals..." It is at this point that my husband interrupts her to let her know that her conversation doesn't sound like it is going in a very good place. More tears and teeth gnashing.So there you have it. I used to cook pretty good and now my cooking stinks! I had to laugh! The night did get better after that and I actually think that I have done enough laundry and ironing today that we will be able to postpone naked day tomorrow. I know that is very disappointing to at least one of my blog readers - sorry bames!

0 comments: