Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A New Churchill Holiday

Well, life has erupted around here and things have been crazy. We are full into our school schedule and there seems to be little time for blogging these days. As a matter of fact, my husband gave me a hard time yesterday because I hadn't updated my blog in days! Probably because this seems to be our only form of communicating with each other lately! Okay, I am kidding about that, but you know how it is. We fight for a few moments of interrupted conversation in the evenings - we have to demand time out to keep our sanity!

The biggest news around here is that I have decided to create a new Churchill Holiday. Maybe it will catch on and go nationwide, but that might be a little scary. My biggest struggle lately has been laundry - can I get an amen from any other moms out there? Where does all of this stuff come from? I'm not kidding when I tell you that I have been trying to get all of my laundry caught up for days!!! Days people!!! I continually have at least one load of clothes on my floor - do you know how annoying that is? So, I have declared next Tuesday to be Churchill Naked Day. None of the members of our family will be allowed to wear clothes of any kind until ALL the laundry is done. How do this holiday come about you may ask? Well, last night I was telling Craig that I just cannot seem to get caught up on the laundry. His response, "honey, you are never going to be caught up with the laundry, even if you get it all done, there will still be the clothes that we are all wearing." Hahaha - I will have the last laugh. Next Tuesday, padlocks come out for all dresser drawers and closets. School and work will be on hold - hello, we are not streakers - just people desperate to get the laundry caught up! So, please don't come by my house on Tuesday as I will not be answering my door, due to the fact that it will be Churchill Naked Day! Desperate times call for desperate measures!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Heard tonight--yes in church, at choir---that NAKED means without clothes and NEKED means without clothes and up to something!! Are you guys going naked or neked???

Anonymous said...

You know we are all going to see each other naked some day anyway (notice is was naked not neked) so you might as well make it naked game day at the Churchill's and we can all get our laundry done! Just no twister please.