Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Home Improvement Begins

Well, the home improvements begin. Every time we do this it is so scary, yet so exciting. Craig tackled our wet bar as you can see. I sure hated to see that wine rack go! Hahaha! A friend asked me if it would fit 2 liter drinks - that would be a good use for it. As it was the only thing that it ever held was the fluted glasses that Craig and I used at our wedding to drink sparkling grape juice! Anyway, the wine rack was the first to go, then the upper cabinets, then the tile along with the dry wall, then the lower cabinets, then more dry wall. Right now we are down to studs about halfway around and cement floor. Well, I couldn't let Craig have all the fun so I started ripping wallpaper down in the kitchen. I was going along really good until I realized that 10 years ago when we hung this wall paper we only took off one layer and then primed it, so now I am going through two layers of paper and a layer of Kilz. Lovely - Dad I wish you were here - we had such fun stripping that peach wallpaper in the old house! As it stands now, we will have to fix ALOT of drywall. Craig was trying to talk me into putting up more wallpaper. I said - no thank you! More on this project to come. For now, here are some pictures of what has been done so far.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You started this job without dad so I guess you'll have to finish without dad. I don't like wall paper, maybe Ruth will help when she gets there. Shes the wall paper nut.
Love ya
dad

Holly said...

Man, you're gonna have to repaint the living room too, when you get that door filled in!! Didn't you just do that a year ago??