Monday, April 28, 2008

Pull Up Your Big Girl Panties and Get on With It!

That is my motto for this week, specifically for this day! You know, sometimes it just plain stinks to be a grown-up. Yesterday was one of those days. It has been a crazy weekend. On Saturday I had two showers, a baby and a bridal. Those were fun - it has been a long time since I have been to either a baby or a bridal shower. It was fun to just visit with some other ladies and see all of the fun gifts! After the showers, I stopped to buy the strawberries for my strawberry jam - I bough SIX gallons. What was I thinking? By the time I got home, I was already worn out and I was up to my eyeballs in Graceful Designs stuff. Oh, did I mention that Craig and Tyler were both sick? Kayla was on her GA trip to Perry, GA, and she had a wonderful time and is feeling much better. SO, while I embroidered, my sweet husband sat and cleaned strawberries. He is awesome and the fact that he was helping while not feeling well was just way too cool to me. I got caught up on the embroidery stuff; the strawberries all got cleaned and put in the refrigerator to deal with on Sunday afternoon. Well, at some point during the night I started to feel sort of like I had been run over by a big truck, and he didn't think he got me good enough the first time, so he ran over me again. Along with that, Tyler was burning up with a fever Saturday night and spent a good portion of the night in bed with us, which means NO SLEEP! Needless to say, we all ended up staying home from church on Sunday morning. I was so sad - I feel like with Masters, and sick kids, and being out of town that I have not been to Sunday morning church in forever. So, mid-morning I ended up having a meltdown. When I get over-loaded, I cry - yep, so cry I did. Craig let me get it out and then, yep, you guessed it, I had to "pull up my big girl panties and get over it". So, heads spinning, coughing, and hacking, Craig and I made the strawberry jam, all 70+ half pints of it. I still have a couple of batches left to make because I ran out of sure-gel. I even did some laundry and even managed to get about 1/2 hour nap. Then we gathered up our children and went to AWANA. We kept Tyler with us and pushed through the night. It was a crazy night with the AWANA store and year end issues that had to be dealt with and lots of noise. Why is it when you are sick, everything seems so LOUD!
Anyway, Tyler did not run fever last night and hadn't had any since early Sunday morning so he went off to school this morning. I think Craig is feeling some better and I am telling myself that I feel better because I have too much to do to be sick.
I have to share this thought with you that I had this morning though. I was laying on the couch trying to decide if I was going to go to work or not and I had that verse come to mind that talks about how in Heaven there will be no pain and sorrow and I got to thinking that when we get to Heaven there will be no allergies or head colds. I think so many times I only think of that verse in context with people who are seriously ill with cancer or heart disease or something. But, this morning it really registered that it is for everything - headaches, colds, the pain in your shoulder that won't go away no matter how often the chiropractor adjusts it, etc., etc.:) So, that is my encouragement for the day - one day we will no longer suffer from even so much as a runny nose or a scratchy throat! Hallelujah!

0 comments: