Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Late Nighter

So, here it is almost midnight and I am sitting here at my computer trying to do ebay stuff and Graceful Designs stuff and I really should be in bed. I'm so gonna hate myself for staying up this late in the morning. That is kind of how my days are seeming to run lately. Really late nights, really early mornings, and go like mad during the day. It is a vicious cycle. I think it is time to take inventory and evaluate what is truly important and what is not. See, even though I detest Superwoman, I think I still want to be her, and I am just not. I'm accepting that but it is still so frustrating sometimes to know that you have been busy all day and then look around at the end of the night only to find that you are still very much behind. Oh well. I desperately want to make sure that I am giving my husband and children the focus that they need and deserve instead of putting "stuff" ahead of them. Sometimes I fail miserably at that. Isn't it awesome that they are so forgiving and that God gives us a fresh start every morning to try to do better? I have been praying for several days that God would fill me up so I can be poured out. I think I will continue to pray that but also add that God would help me to pour myself into the things that HE wants me to do, not what I think I need to do. Does that make sense?
Today was a busy, but good day. I went to work this morning then got Tyler from school and we went to Kayla's school for her portfolio conference. If you are not familiar with these, it is a time when you sit with your child and look through a binder of different things that they have done since the beginning of the year as well as view their "Star" test results from different periods of the year. What I learned is that my daughter is very looked up to by her peers and that she is smart as a whip. She tested out at around a 6th grade level on reading and math - she is in 3rd grade. She is definitely gifted in the intelligence area - I just pray that we can make sure that she is also as diligent about growing spiritually and emotionally as she is about improving in her learning. Tyler did very well while we were there. I was home long enough to get some stuff listed on ebay and some of my junk seperated out. I have an obsession for cleaning out toys and closets periodically and I throw everything in a pile and then I have to go back through and sort the pile. That's what I did this afternoon. Then we all went out for a fun dinner before church. At church I got to hold a precious little boy for an hour and also got some exercise as I walked him through the halls at church and then got to sit and just hold him while he slept - that is true relaxation - to hold a sleeping baby! After church we tried to do the $.31 scoop night and Baskin Robbins was PACKED, so we opted for Sonic with Larry and Julie. We had a great time visiting with them and the kids wore themselves out running around! They will definitely sleep good tonight.
Okay, I know this is getting long and it is only getting later. I skipped the ice cream tonight and drank two huge glasses of unsweet tea! I have been having serious tea cravings lately. Maybe that might have something to do with why I'm not at all tired!

0 comments: