Sunday, April 20, 2008

Our Camping Trip

We are home! It was such a fun and relaxing weekend. I have to admit that most of Saturday I spent in the bed! I just could not seem to get my body to wake up - I think I got out there and relaxed and turned to jelly! We got set up pretty quickly on Friday night and had dinner and S'mores. We took a short walk up to the park and let the kids play for a little while. I slept like a rock Friday night - it was awesome! Sometime during the night it began to rain - thanks Dad, I'm pretty sure you caused that to happen! It rained off and on Saturday morning, but never really that hard, just a sprinkle here and there. It was actually very nice because it kind of forced us all to just hang out in the tent and relax and not feel like we had to be up rushing to go find something to do. Craig took the kids to the park while I was sleeping:) At the park there is a swimming area and the kids were beggin all weekend to get in the water even though it was pretty cold. Well, Craig let them wade out in their clothes and Tyler "fell" in. He was actually going back in for a rock that he had thrown in the lake. Craig said he didn't even realize what he was doing. He threw it in and then decided that he wanted in and went back out to get it!! I thought that was pretty funny. Saturday afternoon we were all back in the tent just hanging out and I think all of us ended up with a nap. Tyler fell asleep on the floor of the tent on top of his coloring book! While he was sleeping, the sun decided to come out. Craig had told Kayla that if the sun came out and it warmed up that he would take her swimming. As you can see from the pictures below, it was pretty chilly! After Tyler woke up we ended up going for a short hike and coming back down to the playground to play some more. We did more S'mores and marshmallows and then put the kids to bed and Craig and I got to stay up and enjoy the fire. It was so peaceful! Last night it got to be FREEZING cold!!! It was downright frigid! We all had trouble getting up because nobody wanted to leave their nice, warm blankets. Craig and I slept with the blankets over our heads most of the night because it was so cold! Ya'll know that it would not be a Churchill family vacation if there wasn't at least a little bit of drama, right? Well, it came this morning! Kayla woke up moaning and I do mean moaning - it was pitiful! She was complaining that everything hurt, her head, her throat, her stomach, EVERYTHING. We finally decided to pack it up early and come home because she was so miserable. We got everything pretty much packed up and got her out of the tent so we could take it down and guess what? Yep, she threw up! She is just like her momma - she loves to throw up. Ten minutes later she was good as new, but we were already packed and loaded so we just came on home.
So, all in all, it was a great weekend of family time and relaxation. We played games and walked and just had a great time.
I have to tell you about the bird pictures below. There were beautiful birds around our campsite all weekend and they were so much fun to watch. There were several blue jays and then these cardinals. Tyler calls them "red jays". I thought that was cute!



















1 comments:

Mark and Abbie's blog said...

I forgot you went camping this weekend. I'm so glad you got her out of the tent before she threw up! Close call. Looks like fun. I can't wait for us to go this summer :)