Thursday, April 10, 2008

What's Happening

Oh my! Where to start of all that has gone on the last few days. Our kitchen/living room renovation has been put on hold for this week while I am in the midst of catering and the kids are out of school, so no news there.

I am catering for Masters this week and it is always a "fly by the seat of your pants" kind of week. It is tons of fun to cook all this wonderful food and meet new people. My friend Janna usually caters with me, but she is enjoying a much needed rest, so my new partner in crime is the boyfriend of a friend of ours that used to babysit for us - hi Kimberly! It has been fun to get to know someone so special to her and he has been an awesome help this week. We have a great group and they have been so nice and personable. So, my mother-in-law came down on Saturday to help with the kids this week. She is awesome! I didn't have to cook on Monday so we went to Hamricks to shop and shop we did. I think Kayla was the lucky recipient of most the shopping that we did. She is now outfitted for summer! Monday night the kids and Ruth tried out my new oven and baked cookies. Tuesday, they tried out the new oven again and made homemade pretzels. The kids love to bake with Grandma! I took some pictures and will try to post those sometime later. Tuesday afternoon it was off to the dentist for both kids - Tyler's first trip. They did great! Tuesday night was our first night to cook and things went very well. Yesterday after cooking breakfast, I came home and grabbed a nap while Ruth and the kids went to WalMart for ingredients for pies. After I got up we had some lunch and went to an inflatibles place - the kids loved that! This morning I came back home after breakfast to sleep again and while doing so, the kids made pies with Grandma! Are you seeing a pattern here? Sleep, cook, bake... sleep, cook, bake! I guess that is it for now - I think I am caught up!

0 comments: