Thursday, May 22, 2008

EEESSSHHH!

Well, let's suffice it to say that my week has not gone as planned. After Tuesday night, I was pretty much spent, depressed, and just in an overall very bad mood. I spent all day yesterday doing absolutely nothing. I had a meeting at work last night and then stayed at the office and worked by myself for a couple of hours. There was nobody else there so I had a couple of hours of solitude even though I was working. That was very theraputic! That is my word for the week, I'll say it again - theraputic. Don't even know if I spelled it right, but .... theraputic! I can go with the flow for a pretty long time, but I eventually have to take a time out and have a mental and sometimes emotional breakdown! Yesterday was that day for me! I was a whiner, a cry baby, and a grump, and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed my funk until I got home from work last night and then I just couldn't stand myself any more! So today I woke up rip roarin' and ready to go! I took Tyler to a friend's house while I went up and worked at the church on getting stuff ready for our Mexico trip. Then she met me up and the church to do her shift and I took the kids for the afternoon. The kids played so well together and the work at the church was indescribable. I cannot explain how much preparation it takes to put a medical trip like this together. From the most mundane tasks to testing the medical equipment, everything requires someone. For instance, I have no medical skills at all, don't like blood or needles, so I was stuck with some of the more mundane tasks, but it didn't feel mundane - do you know what I mean. It was like kingdom work. I went around the room and tape name tags to the walls so everyone would know where to find there stuff. That is about as mundane as it gets, but it felt so purposeful. I opened pediatric tongue depressors and I loved it! It is just getting more and more fun but the day and each step closer that we get, I get more excited!
Tonight was crazy! I had a 5:30 appointment across town, Holly brought Gert back to me at 7, 2 customers between 7:30 and 8:30 and now I am embroidering the last of some birthday presents for a friend of Kayla's whose party is tomorrow afternoon.
Tomorrow will be much the same as today only with extra kids. We will try to be to the church by 9 tomorrow morning to sort more meds. Kayla has a friend who will be coming with us. Their are some very sweet girls who have said that they will watch wild man on the playground. We'll leave there take the girls to the party, drop papers off to a client, go by the post office and Blockbuster, pick the girls up from the party ---- and then, my husband and I will collapse and veg out in front of the TV tomorrow night with some fun movies. All in a days work! Um, where was my cape?

0 comments: