Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Marathon Maybe

I left soaked with sweat, hair mussed, and my muscles trembling from the strain they had been under. Did I run a marathon you ask? No, just simply making it through a 45 minute honors night at Kayla's school with a wild four year old. I have to go on a tangent for a moment. You know, when we go to something like that we at least TRY to keep our children quiet. I mean I know that you can't always keep them quiet, but at least TRY instead of letting them talk at the top of their lungs and squeal and everything else. Like I said, we TRY to keep Tyler quiet at these kind of events, but he is four and it is totally like a four year old to loudly announce, "I have to go poop-poo." Yep, he sure did. Which would have been great if he had actually had to do that, but it was simply a ploy to get out of the cafeteria where it seemed it was a hundred degrees and not a breeze in sight! Enough said on this subject matter, let's move on to the next.

We left the school to go and get ice cream. Seemed that everyone else had that same idea and we met up with several people from church and school at the ice cream shop. One such "from school" person was there and that led into a discussion on the way home with our daughter about how choosing the right friends can make or break you. I, apparently, completely screwed this discussion up! So, now I have probably ruined my child for life; okay, maybe I'm being a tad bit dramatic, but you know what? It sucks to be the mean parent! It sucks to be the one who is always do the talking and the disciplining. Don't get me wrong - Craig is very good at all of that while he is here, but let's face it, I'm here with them the most. When he gets home it is like they are meeting a celebrity at the door. Today I have been told that I am a loser and that I am hated. Nice, huh? Mother of the year award please! It has just been one of those days today where you feel like a major screw up and in turn I feel like I have run out of nice words, so I am just trying not to talk. That is why I here blogging instead of talking, b/c at this point I think it is better if I just be quiet! Let's see what else I can get off of my chest...

Tonight was the two hour season finale of NCIS and the final performance night of American Idol. The children were both bathed early and in bed right at 8:00. I sat down with my bowl of ice cream b/c I didn't have any at Brusters. I was ready to go, ready to relax for two hours in front of the tube. Well, about 20 minutes later it began to lightning and thunder. At our house that means that at least one, if not both of our children will be up until the storm passes. Mix that with the weather man interrupting every 10 minutes - doesn't make for a very relaxing time. I finally just gave up!

Wanna know something else? I know that at this point you are probably begging me to shut up, but I am on a roll...Why is it that when you are down somebody comes by and kicks you? That is about how I would sum up our life right now. I know, especially in light of this past week, that we have much to be thankful for, and don't get me wrong, I fully understand and appreciate that, but that doesn't stop us from being where we are. We are in the midst of just having one thing after another it seems. These are not things that I care to go into detail about, but just personal things that it seems like just keep getting worse and worse. We have both been praying about something very specific that is affecting our lives in a serious way right now and I really think that God is just continuing to say "wait". Ugh, I hate "wait", but I did hear this past week that while we are waiting, God is working. I'm thankful for that, but I just feel so defeated right now that I am having a little trouble keeping it all in perspective. If my mother was hear she would tell me to take five minutes to feel sorry for myself and then get over it. I will get over it, because I know that God has a plan, but tonight is just for wallerin' in the mullygrubs as our pastor would say!

0 comments: