Monday, May 19, 2008

A Writing First

I haven't updated on my writing class in a while I don't think, so let me tell ya'll what has been going on. This class is hard!!! I submitted an assignment a few days ago and literally have been sitting on pins and needles waiting to see if I passed it or failed it! I got my grade last night and I made a 100% - I was shocked! The last assignment that I submitted the instructor didn't care for and I totally screwed it up and ended up with an 80%. This time she had 15 books off of America's top seller list and you had to categorize them by their genre. Huh??? So, I basically had 15 books that I never heard of and only a couple of author names that I recognized, that I had to go through and categorize what kind of "story" it was. Let me just tell ya'll in case you didn't already know - there is some serious junk reading material out there. I will stick to Family Christian and Lifeway thank you very much!

Anyway, I got inspired a few days ago by something that Tyler had said and yesterday I sat down and wrote "my story" of the freedom in Christ that I have been blessed to find over the past couple of years. It is called Dying to Bloom, and I submitted it to an online magazine yesterday afternoon. I don't know if anything will come of it, but it was an awesome experience for me to be able to put into words how God has changed me. I still have so far to go, but thankfully, we are always a work in progress, and we serve a God who is so full of grace and mercy that he gives us a million second chances! I am also mailing out the manuscript to a magazine this week. I hate to use the word manuscript, because it is only 4 or 5 pages, but it is what it is!

0 comments: