Friday, May 16, 2008

From Salvation to Mustard

Oh my kids are just thrilling my soul this week! Last night I was trying to get some work done on my writing class. Our computer started freaking out and I really thought we crashed it. So, I finished reading my lesson, looked over my assignment and decided to just go to bed since I couldn't take the exam online, nor submit my assignment online. I woke up this morning praying that the computer would come on, because it is less than a year old and it is essential for my business, my job, and my class. Praise God it started! So I sat down to submit my exam and assignment before I forgot everything I had read - I have the retention capability of a, ???, well, I don't know what - but it is bad! So, I'm sitting here doing my assignment and listening to the kids get their chores done before school and all of that. I finished it and went to sit in the living room with the kids and wait for my friend to come and pick Kayla up (we carpool). I notice that Tyler is sitting in the rocking chair all skooched over to one side and he is kind of whining at Kayla to come on. I watch as Kayla sits down beside him and begins to explain the plan of salvation to her four year old brother. It went something like this: Well, you know, we are all bad because we are disobedient and so God decided to pay the price for us because if He didn't do it then we would have had to do it. So, God sent His Son and He died on the cross for us so we wouldn't have to and then He rose again three days later. All we have to do is believe that Jesus did that and invite Him into our hearts. To which Tyler replies - How does He get into your heart? Kayla didn't even miss a beat - she said, well, Tyler, you just have prayer a prayer like this.. and then she proceeded to pray a sinner's prayer. Out of the mouth of babes! One day when Tyler accepts Jesus she will know that she helped to plant the seeds! In my sweet four year olds mind this conversation was finished - he just is not quite at the age of fully understanding a need for a Savior, so his next words were, "now can you tell me a story". Mom - you would be proud, Kayla did a great imitation of the "Mustard Goes to the Chocolate Factory" story! My mother has told Mustard, the Dog stories for years. One day we are going to write them, and have them illustrated and published!

Other sweet words from this morning:

"Mama, bring your face down here!" - This was from Tyler looking for my cheek so he could kiss it!

"Out came the sun and dried up all the rain" - also from Tyler this morning as he stood looking out the window and the bright sky and the deck wet from last night's rain.

0 comments: