Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Anything but Lazy

This has been one of those days that you are so glad to see end and you are too tired to move, but so glad because it means that your life will be better tomorrow. Is anybody with me? I started off the morning by getting all of my AWANA stuff ready for Sunday. Then I went into laundry and cleaning and laundry, and more laundry. We barely missed another encounter with Churchill Family Naked Day. I think I stopped counting at 8 loads. That is so embarrassing! I'm going to start making everyone wear their clothes at least three times before they are allowed to throw them in the dirty clothes basket! Once the house was cleaned I planted flowers and bulbs for spring - yes, in the dirt on my hands and knees with dry grass pricking me and bugs, lots of ugly bugs. There was one spider that I saw that was big enough to eat my hand; thankfully my husband saw him and rescued me by beating him to death with the shovel. Can you feel the love people? I think God intentionally gave things like spiders, roaches and flies a very short life span because He knew that they were too ugly to live very long! Along with all of that I also managed to make a huge batch of chex mix complete with Halloween colored M&M's(they are really cool colors!) and three, count them, three batches of muffins. My husband and I have watched our show that we watch weekly - NCIS - love it! I watched enough of the presidential debate to make me want to vomit!

In the midst of this busy day Tyler backed into the french doors and took a chunk out of his heel. It broke my heart. We had to have Halloween colored M&M's as the magic medicine to take the sting away. It didn't work, but he sure did enjoy those M&M's! Then we read books and I rocked him to sleep. He doesn't nap any more these days unless I rock him. I managed to sleep for about 1/2 hour too in the chair with him. That was nice!

Kayla came home with news of a boy who likes her because she is pretty, funny, and smart. More on fourth grade love to come in a completely different post - trust me it deserves it's own!

Aahhhh... I think I will sleep well tonight!

0 comments: