Thursday, October 23, 2008

On the Road Again

Well, tomorrow begins the downhill slide of this journey we have been on! Me and the moms and the kids leave for Tennessee tomorrow to collect my husband and take mom and Ruth back home. What fun we have had! They have worn me out with all this shopping, but it is a good kind of worn out:) We now all have our Christmas shopping almost done, we are mostly outfitted for winter, and it has just been a blast! We have played Skip-Bo with Kayla every night while they have been here and I think my mother has won EVERY game! Tonight I introduced my mother to The Diary of a Mad Black Woman movie - she has been enlightened! What a great movie - love it! Ruth has sewn and sewn and sewn some more and my mother has told more Mustard stories than she ever realized she knew. Since I was little my mother has made up these stories about a dog named Mustard - they are too funny and my children LOVE them! It has been quite a week and a half!

I still have not heard from my husband. I know ya'll are tired of hearing me say this, but that is too bad,I'm gonna say it again - I miss him like crazy! I can't wait to see if he actually makes it home with a beard. I can't wait to hear all the stories. I hope he has a set of horns the size of Texas with him as long as he doesn't hang them over my mantle in my living room. They will pack up camp tomorrow and head back into town to clean up and spend the night so I should hear from him tomorrow. Yea!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

0 comments: