Wednesday, October 15, 2008

We did it

Well, my husband is in Tennessee with his dad. His cousin was supposed to arrive there sometime last night as well. I'm not sure what time they are leaving today, but they have a 20 hour drive ahead of them to get to Colorado. They will be some tired folks by the time they get there sometime tomorrow morning. I pray that they will have cell phone service there so that we can talk every day but I'm not sure about that. We'll deal with it if there's not! The kids did well with him leaving. Kayla got a little teary-eyed, but she understands much better than Tyler that her daddy is not going to be here for the next two weeks.

I managed to drive us all the way to Dalton without mishap. Thank You Lord! We had dinner, switched luggage around, and then me and the moms and the kids headed back to Georgia. For those of you who don't know, Craig and I's parents are good friends and have been since before we started dating and it sure does make it nice for holidays and times like this. I had a bit of an anxiety attack coming back through Atlanta. Yikes! I'm not looking forward to the return trip to Tennessee next week. It is all a little nerve wracking for me. Craig always does all the driving when we go out of town so I'm just not used to driving long distances like that. I think I would have been fine except that it was just getting dark when we got back to Atlanta and there were red lights and headlights EVERYWHERE!!! Actually, about five minutes after getting back on the interstate from Dalton, we came to a stop and sat in traffic for about an hour due to an accident. It was a LONG trip home. The kids didn't get into bed until 10:00, which is late for them, so, hopefully, they will not be too tired and cranky today!

Me and the Moms are off to start shopping today. We are hitting the fabric store. My mil is going to do some sewing for me while she is here! She is so crafty! After the fabric store, it is anyone's guess as to where we will end up!

0 comments: