Monday, October 6, 2008

Lazy Days

Good Monday morning! Hope everyone had a pleasant weekend. I must confess that I did next to nothing this weekend. Shame, shame! A friend mentioned her struggle with laziness yesterday and I have to admit that I am right there. I have absolutely no desire to do anything. What is up with that? It is fall - can't you feel the freshness in the air? Why don't I feel like doing anything? Well, it could be that I didn't walk at all for about a week and a half. Yikes! I was back up and at it again this morning and am hoping that this will give me the energy that I have been missing.

This weekend was a trial in parenting for me. I'm begging God for patience and a slowness to anger. That's all I'm going to say about that.

We had a great time at our progressive dinner on Friday night. It was such a fun time of fellowship and fun! We have so many new people in our Sunday School class and I hope it was a good time for them to connect and get to know some people.

I'm off of Graceful Designs for the whole month of October and am wondering what in the world I am going to do with myself all month! I'm so used to being busy with that that it will seem strange to not have that this month. Go Holly!

Craig leaves a week from tomorrow for his hunting trip. We have been planning for this for so long that it seems incredibly strange that it is almost here now! My mom is now talking about maybe coming down with my mother-in-law to spend that week and a half with us. I hope she will. They have had another devastating loss in their church this weekend as another friend has passed away. Their church has been through so much in this past year. We have gone to church there since I was 10 and in all of those years I think only one church member has died. Now they have lost several in the past year and they are young people mostly. I'm talking 40's here not 80's or 90's. It has been so sad so please lift them and their church up in prayer if they cross your mind.

And now for another stirring and somewhat scary episode of Not Me Monday!

I did not sneeze and almost pee in my pants. I'm much too young to be considering a bladder tack!

I did not go to the wrong school to surprise my daughter for lunch - hello? I know which school she goes to and I also know that she is not at that school on Wednesdays because she is at Horizons!

I did not feed my children carrots while I ate a bag of cookies.

I did not tie my children's hands to one another in hopes that they would learn to work together and get along better.

I did not walk around WalMart and countless other grocery stores with my zipper down on Friday, that would have been much too embarassing!

I did not holler at the television while watching the Michigan game on Saturday.

I did not put my laundry and ironing off for another week!

0 comments: