Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ho Hum

So, it has been a dreary and slightly chilly Saturday. I have had my doors open all day and the breeze has been wonderful. I have spent the majority of the day working on some AWANA stuff and reading a book. A friend of mine gave me this Karen Kingsbury book to read and I got hooked. Now I have to tell you that I am not a huge fan of Karen K. I find her books to be dark, burdensome, and slightly depressing. However, with that being said, I also found that this book was good, it made me cry, though, because it was also sad. So, I have mixed feelings about her - she is a great author but I have to gear myself up for her books!

So, what has happened since my last post? Hhhmm, oh yes - Kayla's play! What fun! She did an awesome job on her solo and I would desperately love to upload it on my blog, but it is too big of a file, so, you will just have to settle for pictures! Which will hopefully get posted soon, like maybe even tonight! Anyway, the play was all music from the 1900's, I think from 1920 through 1990 - it really was one of her best and most fun plays.

Friday I ran like a mad woman. I worked for a little while and then managed to run a multitude of errands before picking Tyler up from school. Last night we went to Cracker Barrell and then to WalMart for some stuff I needed for AWANA, then home for more reading!

Today has just been very ho-hum. I finally got showered and then put on a clean pair of PJ's to finish the day out in. It has definitely been a lazy and very relaxing day. The kids have played outside, Craig has been packing some stuff for his trip and he is actually right now hanging part of the tile back splash in the kitchen! Yea! More home improvement excitement!

We leave Tuesday to go and meet the parents and I will trade Craig for my two moms! I'm definitely not excited that he is leaving, but if he has to go then I'm glad that both moms are coming for the next week and a half. We are going to shop until we can't move and then shop some more! My mom is coming armed and ready to do Christmas shopping! Ruth is going to do some sewing for me and we are all going to entertain the kids. I'm so excited! I better get off of here and see about getting a couple of kids ready for bed! Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

gotta say i'm in shock about your opinion of Karen kingsbury's books..she is my FAVORITE!!! Have you read the Redemption series???